Friday, June 19, 2020

My First Encounter With Fashion And Writing



Fashion is something that I have loved since I was a child, I think for me is a passion. 

This activity has made me explore different means to share this passion with others since creating pieces of clothes, photos; videos, and my last project in my online fashion store, as far as explore and learn about my writing abilities. My online store has made me want to write my ideas and my point of view about the different alternatives that according to my experience we can find in fashion.

My first experience in “fashion” was when I was five years old, and I saw in a fashion store a beautiful pair of shoes, the special characteristic of these shoes, was that they were crafted with little heals; I remember that I was very excited when my mother accepted to buy them for me. My first party dress was made by my mother. She crafted this dress for my cousin’s wedding; it was a beautiful white embroidery dress. When these memories came to my mind made me smile because I remember that I loved them so much that I wore them until they didn’t fit me.

Contrarily my first experience in “writing” appeared in school, I remember that my teacher in literature told us that we needed to write a story that we wanted. The story could be about fantasy, action or terror, I decided to write about terror, I must write here, that I really don’t remember what exactly I wrote but the thing I remember very clearly, is that I read my terror story to my minor brother and that he was so afraid that he couldn’t sleep that night, I remember also that maybe I was influenced by Edgar A. Poe because I was reading his writings at that age. I remember that in our house we had a big library with lots of books in my father’s office and my brothers and I started to read because the T.V. was broken and the technician who needed to fix it was very sick. Really this first writing when I was 12 years old may be shaped my sense of writing (only because I saw the effect of my story on my brother) and made me think that maybe one day I could write a good history about something. But really after many years without developing this activity, It never occurred to me to “write” about something that interested me until I decided to open an online store, it is amazing to me how this activity has opened my mind to learn everything about online commerce including writing.

The fact that I can share my ideas about my passion with many people who don’t know me, but can see my work through my store, photos, videos, and writings, makes me feel happy and excited. These two activities my online store and writing have changed my life making me feel that I need to improve myself not only as a person who loves fashion but as a person who wants to communicate better, sharing writings about fashion or other themes related that people can read easily, can find interesting and immediately feel happy and positive.

Another thing that I need to share with you is that my main language is Spanish and for me, the possibility to write in another language is another ability that I like, of course writing an article in Spanish is much easier, but writing in English is more excited why? Because it is a challenge that I can overcome.

It really is exciting to observe that in our lives we can find uncountable opportunities to learn new abilities that can help to share our passions with the world, especially now that we can communicate faster. 

In finishing, I think that writing and fashion are very nice and good combinations! 


Below you can appreciate my first party dress.





No comments:

Post a Comment